Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County is a non-profit agency that delivers over 3,700 meals a day to the homebound residents of Tarrant County. Volunteers deliver the meals and other needed services, so it is vital to meet this mission to secure additional volunteers.
Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment is a position with Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County to be the community liaison in recruiting volunteers. Meals On Wheels is looking for a self-assured person with a positive attitude that relates well to all environments in the community. This person will represent all aspects of the volunteer program and Meals On Wheels in the community. Public speaking is a must as they will be talking to groups of people and engaging them in joining the Meals On Wheels volunteer team. We are looking for a person who is a self- starter who will generate their own leads. Recruit volunteers through personal contact with corporations, churches, civic clubs, retiree groups, exercise groups, etc. Experience in volunteer management, especially recruiting, is needed.
- Flexible schedule. Must be available for evening and weekend presentations
- Be a contact in the community for Meals On Wheels
- Public speaking a must
- Identify and staff information booth at community events, volunteer fairs, health fairs, festivals and church bazaars. Coordinate volunteers to help staff the above listed events
- Computer skills are needed to keep records on contacts and follow-up correspondence with contacts
- Conduct off-site volunteer orientation sessions for groups delivering meals
- Assist with one-time groups visiting the office for tours and one-time group projects
- Cross training in order to staff volunteer scheduling desk, when needed
- Help plan and staff volunteer appreciation events.
- Meal delivery when needed
Reports to the VP of Volunteer Services
30-35 hours per week position with flex hours according to evening and weekend meetings.
Mileage reimbursement. Cell phone allowance.
Send resume to: Nedra Cutler, CVA, VP of Volunteer Services, 5740 Airport Freeway, Fort Worth, Texas 76117, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 817-338-1066