We greatly appreciate the interest and support from our media partners. Media relations is very important to us and we will do everything we can to accommodate media inquiries. Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County protects the identity and confidentiality of its clients and volunteers, so we want those in the media to be aware of these Meals On Wheels client and volunteer confidentiality policies.
- Always arrange an interview or photo shoot with the proper Meals On Wheels office personnel (see contact information below).
- Always have a Meals On Wheels staff person or assigned Meals On Wheels volunteer with you who has received a signed release from the client before the interview or picture is taken.
- Never use the full name or address of a client or volunteer. This policy is strictly enforced in order to prevent anyone from being victimized by someone who sees your story.
- You may refer to a client as “John,” but never “John Doe.” You may say “John, a longtime Haltom City resident,” but never reveal his address.
- Refer to the agency as “Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County.” There are over 500 independent Meals on Wheels organizations in the United States, including several programs in the North Texas region. We serve the homebound citizens of Tarrant County. After establishing the full name of our agency, “Meals On Wheels” may be used for any subsequent references to the agency.
Thank you for helping safeguard those who depend on Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County for life-saving services. Please review our Facts Sheet for additional information about Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County.
All media inquiries should be directed to one of the following individuals:
Marketing & Public Relations Specialist
Manager, Strategic Marketing & Communications