Title: SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION COORDINATOR
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Full-time Non-Exempt
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Reports To: Vice President Nutrition & Health Programs
Supervises: Supervision of volunteers and others who may be assigned to work the Supplemental Nutrition Program.
Other Relationships: Works with all Meals On Wheels departments, Meals On Wheels Board Members, community volunteers, Meals On Wheels clientele.
Position’s Role Summary:
Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County is seeking a full-time non-exempt Supplemental Nutrition Coordinator in our Nutrition Department. This position will oversee the day-to-day activities related to the Supplemental Nutrition Program. This position will work closely with Case Management and Operations departments in regards to facilitation of client intakes, assessments, program onboarding, and monitoring. Will also work with Marketing to promote and fund program activities. On occasion driving your personal vehicle will be required for delivery of a client meal and/or agency business; therefore, the candidate must successfully pass a background and motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver’s license, and possess vehicle insurance as required by the State of Texas.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work joyfully in a fast-paced environment with the understanding that changes occur frequently, and staff must be able to manage change in a professional manner
- Must be able to meet hard deadlines with accurate information
- Coordinate and provide oversight of clients added to the program to ensure that all paperwork and entry into the client database is accurate
- Place orders with the food service manager according to mutually agreed upon schedule
- Work directly with multiple community partners, including, United Way Tarrant County, Area Agency on Aging, Tarrant Area Food Bank, Catholic Charities Fort Worth, etc. to ensure adequate products are available for client deliveries and that deliveries are made in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide direct supervision of volunteers and possibly staff assigned to work in the Supplemental Nutrition Program performing assessments, telephone reassurance, etc.
- Maintain accurate data in the client database to document assessments, telephone reassurance, and meal delivery for billing purposes
- Work directly with the Accounting team to prepare monthly billings to funders by providing accurate data, client counts, meal counts, etc. This is a time sensitive responsibility with hard deadlines.
- Provide information and client stories to the Marketing team for social media, newsletter, annual report, and community awareness purposes
- Participate as requested in agency promoted media activities related to this program including scheduling ride along trips with media, community presentations, marketing fairs, etc.
- Other job-related duties as required
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff members
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff and board information
- Support the mission, vision and goals of Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
- Deliver meals when necessary
- Answer phones and assist with client intakes
- Assist with other projects when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience in supervising staff
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work with and communicate in a clear, concise, and empathetic manner with clients, donors, volunteers, staff and board members
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have intermediate level of Excel (build basic formulas, sort, filter, manipulate data, etc)
- Knowledge of computer operations and software products including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends when required for special initiatives or events.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet hard deadlines
- Must maintain valid driver’s license, clean driving record, vehicular insurance, and reliable personal vehicular transportation
- Must be able to pass driving record and criminal background check
- Must be able to lift, load, and unload 40 lbs.
- Physically able to climb stairs, repeated get in and out of a vehicle, reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time
Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County offers a competitive salary and the following to qualified employees:
- Medical, life, dental and optical insurance available at the beginning of the first full month of employment
- Competitive holiday and leave time
- Retirement plans are also offered
- Mileage reimbursement for approved local travel
If interested in this position, please send resume and salary requirements with Subject Line: Supplemental Nutrition Coordinator to HR@mealsonwheels.org
No phone calls and no agencies please.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
No person employed by the Agency or seeking to be employed by the Agency shall be appointed, promoted, removed or in any way favored or discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age disability, sexual preference, transgender status, gender identity or gender expression, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The Agency complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act that prohibits discrimination of any qualified individual with a disability who satisfies the requisite skills, experience, and education and other job-related requirements of the employment position such individual holds or desires, and who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of such a position.
The Agency promotes diversity in its workforce, has an Equal Employment Opportunity policy, and is in compliance with federal and state laws. Hiring, appointments and promotions shall be solely on the basis of merit, ability and experience, and the needs of the Agency.