Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Title: FUNDING & COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
Full or Part Time: Full-time Non-Exempt
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday
Reports To: VP Finance & Operations
Supervises: No supervision
Other Relationships: Works mainly with Sr. Accountant- Funding & Compliance. Will also interact often with Sr. Accountant Finance, Operations, Case Management, and all other departments within Meals On Wheels, funding sources (mainly City, County, and AAA)
Position’s Role Summary:
Provides clerical accounting and administrative support to the funding and compliance area within the Finance and Operations Department. Tasks require a high level of organizational skills, moderately complex project tracking compilations, accounting clerical, and administrative experience. This position will serve as secondary contact within the Funding and Compliance area.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support for post-award grant monitoring, tracking, and reporting. Including clerical duties such as gathering grant support, copying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Provides assistance and support to ensure all grant funds are obligated and expended in a timely manner and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Able to work in a fast paced and hard deadline oriented environment
- Support for monthly meal assignment to appropriate funding sources
- Understanding contents of client database and how to run database reports
- Gathering support for monthly grant billings and accounting month end deadlines
- Participate in the preparation of monthly grant billings which are time sensitive with a hard deadline.
- Participate in preparation for grant and external audits
- Fundamental accounting skills required
- Strong database and general computing skills a must
- Must be able to understand processes and procedures, use independent judgment, the ability and experience to prioritize work responsibilities and work with little supervision.
- Good analytical skills; ability to learn new systems and appreciate how they interrelate.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills, organizational skills, and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Fast learner; inquisitive, enthusiastic approach to fulfilling job responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team. Willingness to take initiative in performing tasks, multi-task, be proactive, and dependable.
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Accountant – Funding & Compliance and/or VP Finance & Operations.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to pass criminal background and motor vehicle check
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred. Can substitute with 2 years post high school education and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in grant management or clerical bookkeeping/accounting clerical.
- Strong preference for grants experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Access and Word
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends when required.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, discretion about confidential matters, and a strong work ethic.
- Physically able to lift and carry objects of 25 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for multiple hours at a time
- Spanish speaking applicants are a plus
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff members
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff and board information
- Support the mission, vision and goals of Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
- Deliver meals and assist with phones when necessary
- Must have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Assist with other agency projects when necessary
Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County offers a competitive salary and the following to qualified employees:
- Medical, life, dental and optical insurance available at the beginning of the first full month of employment
- Competitive holiday and leave time
- Retirement plans are also offered
If interested in this position, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Subject Line: Funding & Compliance Coordinator
Attention: Twyla Allison, VP Finance & Operations
Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County
5740 Airport Freeway
Fort Worth, TX 76117
No phone calls and no agencies please.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
No person employed by the Agency or seeking to be employed by the Agency shall be appointed, promoted, removed or in any way favored or discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age disability, sexual preference, transgender status, gender identity or gender expression, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The Agency complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act that prohibits discrimination of any qualified individual with a disability who satisfies the requisite skills, experience, and education and other job-related requirements of the employment position such individual holds or desires, and who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of such a position.
The Agency promotes diversity in its workforce, has an Equal Employment Opportunity policy, and is in compliance with federal and state laws. Hiring, appointments and promotions shall be solely on the basis of merit, ability and experience, and the needs of the Agency.