Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Title: OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Full-time Non-Exempt
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday (Not flexible)
Reports To: Operations Supervisor and VP of Finance & Operations
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
Other Relationships: Works with Operations/Finance Depart, Volunteer Department, Meal Delivery Drivers, Client Services Department, Meals On Wheels Board Members, Community Volunteers, and Meals On Wheels clientele.
Position’s Role Summary:
Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County is seeking a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for our Operations Department. This position will assist with answering inbound calls; therefore, the ability to verbally communicate with the elderly, disabled, and hard of hearing is essential. Bilingual is a plus. The Operations department is responsible for ensuring that every client is placed on the correct route, and assigned to a caseworker. The applicant should be able to quickly process each call and either help the caller or route to the correct area. Operations functions as a team, sharing many repetitive tasks that are crucial to each day’s success. Operations prepares route sheets for each day, and these must be placed in envelopes to be delivered to each site. Most tasks are time sensitive, so applicants must be able to meet daily deadlines. Applicant should be able to quickly and efficiently process large amounts of paperwork that are subject to audit. Annual file room management is expected. Team members must be willing to adapt to different roles and responsibilities to accommodate when others are out of office. On occasion driving your personal vehicle will be required for delivery of a client meal; therefore, the candidate must successfully pass a background and motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver’s license, and possess vehicle insurance as required by the State of Texas.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess customer service skills such as being a team player, having a positive attitude, a professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Process and prepare client file paperwork.
- Clerical duties, filing, and organize workload for maximum efficiency.
- Excellent telephone skills, especially dealing with elderly and hard of hearing.
- Detail-orientated with superior computer proficiency and communication skills.
- Must be able to cross-trained to fill any administrative role in the department.
- Reliable, punctual, and professional approach to job and duties.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor or VP of Finance & Operations.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel is necessary.
- Must be able to type using a computer keyboard.
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience or knowledge, and skills preferred.
- Physically able to lift and carry objects of 25 pounds.
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for multiple hours at a time.
- Spanish speaking applicants are a plus.
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff members
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff and board information.
- Support the mission, vision and goals of Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County.
- Must have dependable transportation, valid driver’s license, and personal vehicle insurance as required by the State of Texas.
- Assist with other projects when necessary
Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County offers a competitive salary and the following to qualified employees:
- Medical, life, dental and optical insurance available at the beginning of the first full month of employment.
- Competitive holiday and leave time.
- Retirement plans are also offered.
If interested in this position, please send resume, salary requirements, and references who can be contacted to:
Subject Line: Operations Administrative Assistant
Attention: Twyla Allison, VP Finance & Operations
5740 Airport Freeway, Fort Worth, TX 76117
No phone calls and no agencies please.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
No person employed by the Agency or seeking to be employed by the Agency shall be appointed, promoted, removed or in any way favored or discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age disability, sexual preference, transgender status, gender identity or gender expression, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The Agency complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act that prohibits discrimination of any qualified individual with a disability who satisfies the requisite skills, experience, and education and other job-related requirements of the employment position such individual holds or desires, and who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of such a position.
The Agency promotes diversity in its workforce, has an Equal Employment Opportunity policy, and is in compliance with federal and state laws. Hiring, appointments and promotions shall be solely on the basis of merit, ability and experience, and the needs of the Agency.