Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Title: Special Events Intern
Paid or Volunteer: Unpaid
Full or Part Time: Part-time (Flexible 20 hours per week/80 hours per month, negotiable 8-week internship)
Reports To: Special Events Specialist and Communications Manager
Position Overview: Assist with special events, fundraising, marketing, and public relations.
How to Apply: Send your resume and a cover letter explaining what you hope to obtain from this internship to Keith Harrison via email at email@example.com
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff and Interns
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff and board information
- Support the mission, vision and goals of Meals On Wheels
- Work with staff and volunteer committees as necessary, to plan and organize special events, including Casino Night, High Heels and others
- Coordinate creative development of brochures, flyers, sponsor packets, newsletter articles, and other marketing materials as required for events with communication manager, special events specialist and other staff members
- Coordinate communication with committees, including meeting notices, meeting agendas, meeting notes, telephone calls, e-mail, etc.
- Assist with maintenance and updates to approved social networking sites such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter as directed
- Assist with marketing events as required, including but not limited to staffing information tables at fairs and community events
- Must have dependable transportation for marketing events and other job related activities
- Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment and communicate effectively with clients, donors, volunteers, staff and board members
- Junior or senior level student in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or other related field required
- Prior event coordination experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable contacting individuals by phone and in person
- Must be able to lift, load and unload 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work after hours and weekends when required for events and presentations
- Extensive knowledge of computer operations and software products including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter explaining what you hope to obtain from this internship to Keith Harrison via email at firstname.lastname@example.org