Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Full-time Non-Exempt
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (40 hours a week)
Reports To: VP of Volunteer Services
Supervises: No Supervisory Responsibilities
Other Relationships: Works with Volunteer Scheduling Coordinators, Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators, Meal Delivery Drivers, Operations/Finance Department, Meals On Wheels Board Members, Community Volunteers, and Meals On Wheels clientele.
Position’s Role Summary:
Meals On Wheels Inc of Tarrant County is seeking a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for our Volunteer Department. This position assist the volunteer department with needs such as: welcome volunteers entering the office, process background checks for new volunteers, process and invite volunteers for new volunteer orientation, prepare and clean up the meeting room for volunteer orientations, correspondence, filing, updating the volunteer database, assist with volunteer meal delivery scheduling, organizing the meal distribution area for meal pick up, and meal delivery as needed. On occasion driving your personal vehicle will be required for delivery of a client meal; therefore, the candidate must successfully pass a background and motor vehicle history check, possess and maintain a current, valid Texas driver’s license, and possess vehicle insurance as required by the State of Texas.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must possess customer service skills such as being a team player, having a positive attitude, a professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Process and prepare new volunteers for orientation
- Process background checks by accurately entering potential volunteer personal information into the volunteer and background check vendor databases
- Invite new volunteers to an orientation session by email or mail
- Send email reminders and make reminder telephone calls for the orientation session
- Set up the volunteer orientation meeting room for each session
- Clean up volunteer orientation room after the meeting
- Inventory volunteer department materials for future ordering
- Correspondence, such as thank you letters for new and former volunteers and letters to volunteers announcing service awards.
- Clerical duties, filing, and organize workload for maximum efficiency.
- Detail-orientated with superior computer proficiency and communication skills.
- Reliable and punctual with dedicated professionalism to job and duties. Must be able to work independently.
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Volunteer Services.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel is necessary
- Must be able to type using a computer keyboard
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant experience or knowledge, and skills preferred.
- Physically able to lift and carry objects of 25 pounds
- Must be able to move meeting room tables and chairs, if needed
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for multiple hours at a time
- Spanish speaking applicants are a plus
Agency Responsibilities – shared by all Staff members
- Maintain confidentiality of client, donor, volunteer, staff and board information
- Support the mission, vision and goals of Meals On Wheels, Inc. of Tarrant County
- Must have dependable transportation, valid driver’s license, and personal vehicle insurance as required by the State of Texas
- Assist with other projects when necessary
Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County offers a competitive salary and the following to qualified employees:
- Medical, life, dental and optical insurance available at the beginning of the first full month of employment
- Competitive holiday and leave time
- Retirement plans are also offered
If interested in this position, please send resume, salary history, and salary requirements to:
Subject Line: Volunteer -Administrative Assistant
Attention: Sarah Drew-Watson, VP of Volunteer Services
5740 Airport Freeway, FW, TX 76117
No phone calls and no agencies please.
NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
No person employed by the Agency or seeking to be employed by the Agency shall be appointed, promoted, removed or in any way favored or discriminated against because of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, age disability, sexual preference, transgender status, gender identity or gender expression, political affiliation, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. The Agency complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act that prohibits discrimination of any qualified individual with a disability who satisfies the requisite skills, experience, and education and other job-related requirements of the employment position such individual holds or desires, and who, with reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of such a position.
The Agency promotes diversity in its workforce, has an Equal Employment Opportunity policy, and is in compliance with federal and state laws. Hiring, appointments and promotions shall be solely on the basis of merit, ability and experience, and the needs of the Agency.