Meals On Wheels of Tarrant County is closely monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation and is in regular communication with Tarrant County Public Health Department to stay updated with the latest local, state and federal information and prevention measures.
On this morning’s weekly call with Tarrant County Public Health, they reported that no confirmed cases of the Coronavirus in North Texas; however, individuals may want to follow minimal precautionary measures. The best way to protect yourself and your family is to follow the CDC recommendations for handwashing, cough control and surface disinfecting. As with a flu outbreak, the public is being asked to follow recommended guidelines for prevention to ensure our community remains healthy. The safety of our homebound clients and the volunteers who serve them remain our utmost concern.
There is a lot of misinformation circulating on social media, so it is important to educate yourself from a reliable source. This situation is fluid, so you are encouraged to keep yourself updated on a regular basis. To help you stay informed, Tarrant County Public Health Department has established an informational webpage as well as a local Coronavirus hotline.
Tarrant County Coronavirus Hotline: 817-248-6299
Tarrant County Coronavirus Webpage: coronavirus.tarrantcounty.com
For additional information from the CDC and Texas Health and Human Services, please refer to the links listed below:
- Texas Health and Human Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Centers for Disease Control on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Basic Information on COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
- Common Symptoms: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/docs/CoronavirusSymptoms-English.pdf
- If Suspected To Have Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/sick-with-2019-nCoV-fact-sheet.pdf
- How it’s Spread: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html